Volunteer at the Wildlife Center
Thank you for your interest in the Wildlife Center of Texas Volunteer Program! The Wildlife Center has hundreds of dedicated volunteers helping us help our native wildlife. Without these compassionate, stomach caring people, we couldn’t continue our efforts on behalf of the injured, ill, oiled and orphaned wildlife. We are always looking for volunteers to help further this mission; however we ask that all volunteers be at least 16 years of age.
You must fill out an online application and attend the orientation before you can volunteer at the Wildlife Center of Texas
- Click here to fill out an application to become a volunteer. Once you submit your application, you will receive an automated email on how to sign up for an orientation. You will only need to attend ONE orientation. (Orientations are held January-October. There are no orientations the last two months of the year). All volunteer orientations begin at 10:00 am and end at 11:30 am.
- We do require a one-time $25.00 registration fee that covers your t-shirt and name badge. You may pay your registration fee on-line or bring cash or check to the orientation.
Volunteer orientations are every third Saturday of the month EXCEPT November and December. There are no orientations during these two months of the year.
All volunteer orientations begin at 10:00 am and end at 11:30 am.
- You will attend the orientation date that you have registered for. If for some reason you have to cancel your orientation please send an e-mail.
- Please arrive 15 minutes before orientation to get signed in.
- The orientation will consist of a presentation about the organization, policies, procedures, and a tour of the Wildlife Center.
Inviting Guests – We do not allow friends, children and other relatives to attend the orientation with you unless they too are signing up for the orientation (parents/guardians of 16 and 17 year olds may attend the orientation if they desire).