Today marks a new chapter in history at the Wildlife Rehab and Education Center as they officially announce that they have changed their name to The Wildlife Center of Texas. The name change is due to a very significant expansion of services offered to wildlife and to the public and emphasizes the enormity, pill scope and range of services they provide each day. To complement this endeavor, viagra an innovative, treatment easy-to-navigate website has been launched and can be found at www.wildlifecenteroftexas.org. The website is informative, educational and filled with captivating stories, videos and photos of a variety of native wild animals that have been rehabilitated at The Wildlife Center of Texas.
The Wildlife Center of Texas has become one of the largest wildlife centers in the country thanks to their affiliate, the Houston SPCA, and the kindness and generosity of friends and supporters. Several milestones have already been reached this year including:
- Received and provided critical care for over 9,000 wild animals – whether due to drought, wildfires or human impact. NO wild animal was refused care;
- Educated over 12,000 children and adults about respect, conservation and restoration of native wildlife through public awareness;
- Trained over 250 people in Oiled Wildlife Response;
- Utilized over 20,000 volunteer hours;
- Partnered with other wildlife rehabilitation groups in Texas and other states.
The name may have changed, but not the mission. The Wildlife Center of Texas will still provide care for all injured, ill, orphaned and oiled wildlife, never refusing an animal in need. They continue to provide comprehensive environmental education for adults and children. And they remain trained, certified and ready to respond to all wildlife emergencies, including oiled wildlife response, anywhere in the world. The Wildlife Center of Texas…a place to grow, a place to heal and a place to be wild.